Dedicated hosting is a form of hosting configuration where a server is devoted to one organization or for one purpose such as a website. Sometimes known as a dedicated server, it can be set up externally or in house as a service type within a data center.
The key benefits of dedicated hosting?
- Uptime: In this current world of convenience where consumers are not used to waiting, things have to be kept functional all the time. Site downtime could result in consumers moving to competitors. This form of hosting permits stability and high performance to ensure that business functions are virtually operational at all times. AS a result dedicated hosting providers provide server monitoring and back up along with support services to maintain seamless functions.
- Customization: Dedicated hosting provides a particular freedom and control other hosting solutions do not provide. Its ability to dedicate a server to one client makes it able to tailor specific needs suitable to the client ensuring they select and pay for features they require.
- Congestion: This type of hosting provides very minimum server congestion compared to other forms of shared hosting. With shared hosting, you will often run in the risk of congestion resulting from usage and traffic levels of other applications or websites running on the same server, which are competing for disk space, bandwidth and CPU usage. The nature of dedicated server hosting ensures this is not an issue.
- Support: Some of the services in dedicated hosting provide a level of support. It is vital since a high percentage of the clients use the dedicated hosting service to host important computing websites and functions. Effective support guarantees site disruption is very minimal. A fully managed dedicated hosting provider offers 24 hour a day support, all through the year.
- Security: Clients using this type of hosting are able to utilize security measures, including firewall configurations and anti-virus, which are tailored to their functions while avoiding vulnerability in security introduced by actions from neighboring clients using shared hosting platforms. Additionally, dedicated servers found within data centers benefit from physical security measures such facilities put in place, such as biometric authentication for mantraps and security guards.
Details of level of support and information on reliability statistics are usually found in the SLA, Service Level Agreement These documents usually provide an insight on the quality of specific services and should be carefully consulted when choosing a hosting provider. If you opt for a dedicated hosting service that comes without any support, it is vital to ensure the presence of the required knowledge for server management and maintenance is available and can be used effectively.